Profile pics on social media are how we project ourselves into the world, but we also silently judge others other quite trivial things.
Figured it would be interesting to do a bit of an anonymous survey on what are you “profile picture no nos”
I judge men who display chest hair in Twitter pics.
What makes you judge profiles negatively?
Anon form. Fess up.https://t.co/yfYwleLGqv
— rob manuel (@robmanuel) June 6, 2017
We got about 350 replies and here’s 51 of the best.
1. A “Make America Great Again” hat
2. A car. Jeez.
3. A flag, a percentage, a crusader, something something something AND PROUD
4. A photo that’s been posed in a studio photo shoot, the worst kind is a woman lying on her front, chin on hands, feet visible in the background. Gah
5. A picture of your child
6. A professionally taken picture or caricature
7. Anime girls. No. You’re a bloke and you probably support GamerGate
8. Anonymous/ V mask
9. Any “wellness” shit meme
10. any face contortion in attempt to look sexy
11. Any hint that the photo is over 5 years old. This makes me think they’ve aged badly in recent years, or haven’t done anything interesting and photo-worthy since it was taken
12. Any middle-aged man sitting at a desk, looking like he’s taken the pic on a porn-break
13. Any selfie, particularly pouty or posing ones taken from high angles or in mirrors
14. Any temporary picture showing “solidarity” with a place they’ve never visited
15. Anyone who sticks their finger up / flicks the V at you in a photo, I mentally chuck into the “fuckwit” category, without a moments hesitation
16. Anything done professionally. Fuck off you twats
17. Anything military
18. Automatically hate anyone using that stupid dog filter
19. Babies. You’ve only accomplished what literally every organism on the planet is striving for. Have a fucking medal
20. Bare chest (men). Duck face (women)
21. Cars as profile pictures
22. Chest hair on display with men. What are you trying to prove? You sad wankers
24. Face tattoo
25. Failed attempts to make the photo look spontaneous or unplanned
26. Fucking pet pictures in profile pics. Especially with cunts holding said pet.
27. Gratuitous pic with gf in a bikini
28. Grown adults who use characters from children’s films, particularly Disney stuff. Blocked on sight, no matter what they have to say
29. Having a cocktail by the seaside are you? Fack orf.
30. Looking like a tory
31. Looking like a vegan
32. Middle-aged people using Snapchat filters
33. Minions. Fucking minions
34. Nationalist symbolism; flags, poorly drawn graphics in paint etc
35. Non-ironic duck face from people older than me
36. Not their actual face
37. Pepe the frog
38. Picture of footballer/football club badge
39. Picture of the person in full leathers and helmet, riding a motorcycle, on a track day, going around a corner so the bike’s leant over a bit, so the rider looks “brave”. Guaranteed twat
40. Pictures of people having fun years ago and you’ve had loads of fun with them since and loads of pictures done but they keep that one up and don’t even talk to 5 of the people in it anymore, including themselves
41. Pictures of pets I’m jealous I don’t own
43. Professional suit-wearing headshots. You can guarantee that the content of their feed is going to be corporate BS
45. Snapchat filters and mirror selfies
46. Sunglasses indoors
47. The latest “do this arbitrary thing to your profile pic to somehow in some vague unspecified way raise awareness for an arbitrary cause”
48. Trying to look like a “hitman” in a cheap Burton’s menswear suit
49. UKIP purple
50. Wedding pics
51. White men with moustaches. Every other ethnicity does them without managing to look like a paedophile.