b3ta.com qotw
You are not logged in. Login or Signup
Home » Question of the Week » Irrational people » Post 2118722 | Search
This is a question Irrational people

Freddie Woo tells us "I'm having to drive 500 miles to pick up my son from the ex's house because she won't let him take the train in case he gets off at the wrong station. He's 19 years old and has A-Levels and everything." - Tell us about illogical and irrational people who get on your nerves.

(, Thu 10 Oct 2013, 12:24)
Pages: Popular, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

« Go Back

People spend 48 weeks of the year saving up to spend 2 weeks somewhere nice.
That's 96% of your time, to have a nice 4%, that makes the other 96% look awful.

In a rational world, you'd spend your two weeks off somewhere really crappy in order to make the rest look good

***EDIT*** Note that as someone with an engineering degree, I approximate a year to 50 weeks in order to make the maths easier. That's just how we roll.
(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 14:30, 17 replies)
you should for the tourist board here in wales

(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 14:32, closed)
Newport would be...
...a top destination.
(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 14:33, closed)
Well this is proof if proof were needed that the Welsh have no word for 'work.'

(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 14:37, closed)

(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 14:57, closed)
I think he omitted 'dance'

(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 15:12, closed)

dance spread
(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 19:22, closed)
As someone with an engineering degree
you would have limited understanding of human motives.
(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 15:13, closed)
Very David Gower.

(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 16:04, closed)
and a very limited understanding of engineering

(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 22:15, closed)
I expect it's okay to fudge numbers in engineering
I mean what's a couple of mm between friends when building a formula one car

(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 16:24, closed)
Pft - they aren't engineers
it's all far too precise...
(, Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:10, closed)
And you thought those who went to Magaluf were the idiots?

(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 18:16, closed)
You work seven day weeks and only get 14 days holiday a year?
No wonder you're a miserable prick.
(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 19:13, closed)
No I'm a miserable prick
because I hang out on B3ta
(, Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:11, closed)
"Note that as someone with an engineering degree, I approximate a year to 50 weeks in order to make the maths easier."
Just out of curiosity, how long do your bridges normally stay up? Don't worry about a precise figure: you can round to the nearest minute if it makes things easier...
(, Fri 11 Oct 2013, 20:22, closed)
Tsk, Civil engineering goes like this.
1)Calculate what's needed (roughly)
2)Add a good 50% to everything, because the builders/contractors won't actually follow your instructions. Especially with regards to cement mixes, as plasticiser is expensive, and chucking more water in isn't.
(, Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:13, closed)

It is better to be vaguely right than exactly wrong
(, Tue 15 Oct 2013, 15:00, closed)
I know of at least one engineer
who tried to fake the results of his concrete cube tests by adding his own reinforcement when making them in the shape of nails. Didn't work though
(, Wed 16 Oct 2013, 10:29, closed)

« Go Back

Pages: Popular, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1